The situation in Libya and elsewhere is critical. There is no time to verify all the facts. Certain things are however obvious and clear to anyone who has followed events closely for the last 30 years or even much less.
There is no forum or network to bridge the gaps in disinformation and communication and we aim to provide this.
This is not open to those who are implacably opposed to Gaddafi in any way shape or form, nor is it open to those who are uncritical of the Gaddafi family.
It is especially open to those who understand the Green Book principles and the International Green Charter
For those of you, please register at mathaba.info immediately. You can also register at our Support Forum where there are many discussions.
If you want your connection to be encrypted use https but you will need to accept the warning and proceed anyway as the connection is secure but the forum certificate is self-signed.
Also sign up to our Daily Briefing at www.mathaba.net/go/daily More that you can do to help
Donate money. Please, we are struggling with lack of resources and need to do a lot more. You can do so via Flattr, or PayPal. See www.mathaba.net/donate.htm Join as a Member
Please see here for all options including a free option: www.mathaba.net/subscribe/individual.htm Public Communication
Please do not support dubious companies such as Twitter which can close your account at any time. Sign up at www.mathaba.info
for an account that is more powerful than Twitter. Accept the secure certificate warning, as we have not been able to pay for it yet.
Register an account there and then go to your settings and make things as you wish. You will thus have your own micro-blog at mathaba.info and be able to set up groups and so on, as well as share information with others. This is open to the general public, and what you post there is not private.Communications
If you wish to communicate directly and privately and/or pass information to us securely, you may do so as follows:
1. Go to www.pidgin.im
and download Pidgin for your computer, whether Windows, Linux or Mac.
2. Go to www.cypherpunks.ca/otr
and download and install Off-the-Record plugin for Pidgin.
3. Open Pidgin and follow these instructions:
- Open Pidgin, and on the menu go to Tools > Plugins, scroll down, and put a tick in the box to enable Off-the-record.
- On the Pidgin menu go to Accounts > Manage > Add
- Add the following information to create your account:
- From the drop-down Protocol: select XMPP
- For Username: put whatever username you wish to use
- For Domain, write exactly like that: mathaba.info
- For Resource, (optional) type PC, laptop, mobile, home, work or whatever you want in that box, in case you log in from more than one place
- For Password: put whatever password you wish to use -- please use a password that you do not use in any other place
- If this is your computer, you can tick "remember password" if it is not your computer, do not tick that box, and make a note of your password so you don't forget it
- For Local Alias (optional), either leave blank, or put whatever you want to show on your chat window only when you are in chat alongside your comments instead of your [email protected] account name, for example your name. No one else sees it.
- Leave the box "new mail notifications" blank, as there is no mail service.
- Use this buddy icon for this account (optional): either leave blank, or use whatever image you want to show as Avatar when in chat or on other friends contact lists.
- Be sure to tick (check) the box at the bottom to "Create a new account on the server"
- Leave all other things as they are in Advanced, and touch Proxy only if you need to because of corporate settings.
- Go to Accounts > Manage > and put a tick (check) in the box next to the account you created, to enable it.
- Go to Buddies > Add and select the correct account from the drop down and add the following buddy username: [email protected] and as Ailias put mathaba for group you can do anything either a new one, leave it as it is, or select from the drop down
You will then need to wait for authorisation which may take up to half a day depending how busy we are and you will also need to authorise us -- when we request it you will see on your contact list at the bottom a request for authorisation for [email protected]
- be sure to click Authorise. If it is someone you don't want to authorise to communicate with you then you will click Deny.
Note: we do not accept unencrypted communications, you must have OTR enabled by following all the above instructions carefully. It will say "unverified" in the bottom right of the chat, this is not a problem.